Friday, March 14, 2008

Basketball road trip

After finishing 2nd in the regular season the UCD women's basketball team advanced to the conference tournament in Anaheim. Being the aggie fanatic I am I couldn't miss a chance to see the ladies advance to NCAA March Madness. But, of course, a road trip to SoCal wouldn't be the same if I didn't do some sightseeing as well. I headed to my favorite national park, Joshua Tree, before going to the tournament. Although extremely crappy LA traffic added 3 hours to the drive, causing me to miss sunset and not find an open campsite, I still managed to take some nice moonlit night photos, again.

backlit by the moon –


moonlit –


A car drove by and added some nice sidelighting to this one –


And for what it's worth, the ladies won today and will now play tomorrow for the conference championship and a postseason berth.

3 comments:

Todd & Barbara said...

Wow! are you kidding me?? I'm very jealous.. great job, beautiful photos, etc.! t

KrissyGo! said...

I dunno what it is about Joshua Tree, but it works for you, my friend.

P.S. There's talk of a 15-year (omg!) get together (informal-like) sometime this summer. I'll keep you posted.

P.P.S. We had a friggin' earthquake here. I. CAN'T. BELIEVE. IT. But it made me think of all my CA peeps.

KrissyGo! said...

Dude. When are you going to update your blog?
:^P