Friday, October 30, 2009

Lucky

Working the evening shift has two big advantages. The first is that I love shooting sports and most sporting events take place after school or at night on my shift. The second is there is usually great light available for photos. Far too often that great light is wasted on boring subjects or by being stuck indoors. But every so often I get lucky.

On Thursday the late afternoon light helped liven up a blowout water polo game. As the game wound down the clouds began to glow perfectly for a nice sunset shot. Not knowing of any good places near the pool to shoot a sunset I started on the bike ride back to the office. Luckily that was the right way to go. Last week's rains had turned ucd's construction south of Russell Blvd into a series of small ponds. A quick hop of a fence and this sunset was mine.



Thankfully my luck extends beyond photography. I've been blessed with a cute girl who is able to put up with most of my idiosyncrasies and is not afraid to kick a dead seal.

So while in Monterey I decided it was time to make it permanent and proposed. Luckily she said "yes."

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah! I want an invite! Congratulations. Nice photos too. How did you know the seal wasn't just sleeping? :)

Todd & Barbara said...

oooohhhhhh wow! we have been waiting for this great news! We are sooo happy for you, Wayne!!! And yes, the pictures were outstanding, too!! I hope we get to come to the wedding! barbara

Anonymous said...

Okay, you're both on the guest list. We're thinking next october

Wayne

Todd & Barbara said...

let us know the date as soon as you make it, so we don't book a wedding that day!