Saturday, January 9, 2010

A photogenic New Year

A few days after Christmas I headed down to Fairfield to go hiking in Rockville Park. Along the way I stopped in Vacaville again to explore the open space I'd found before. It's amazing how photogenic such a small park can be. Here's another lone oak with a large boulder in front of it.



For New Year's Eve Mir and I took a few friends out to the overlook on Treasure Island to watch the San Francisco fireworks over the Bay Bridge. Yet another photogenic location that never disappoints.



A new year requires new adventures so last Sunday Mir and I headed out to Point Reyes to try a hike down to Alamere Falls. Unfortunately a late start and a disagreement between Miranda's stomach and the twisty road that is Highway 1 conspired to cut our adventure short at Stinson Beach. A walk on the beach and a stop at the ice cream shop left us with enough time to get back to Muir Beach and do some exploring before sunset. Miranda got ot play in the secret sea anemone and starfish hideout

before I set up for a nice sunset shot.


Here's the shallow part of the mini-river flowing onto the beach that I was standing in to get that shot.


I'd been to Muir Beach several times but never at sunset. It was nice to find another familiar spot still held beautiful surprises.

1 comment:

The Official Clog Blog said...

Sorry about the stomach ache! I'll remember the Dramamine next time but it was still such a fun day!