Friday, June 29, 2007

Canyonero

After a stop in San Diego and a long ass drive (but well worth it) to and from Las Cruces, New Mexico I made my way into canyon country. The Grand Canyon looks like it could be a cool place. Apparently, though, a shitload of smog from LA and Vegas blows right thru the canyon making the views not so impressive. Being from the valley I knew how to deal with smog and managed a couple decent touristy shots.

and another

Unlike Joshua Tree, The Grand Canyon was packed with toursits making it hard to get a clean view of anything. But after the sun went down it was a virtual ghost town and I had the place all to myself.


Sunrise was beautiful, at least what I could see of it thru my tent. By the time I talked my lazy butt up and broke down camp the clouds had lost their color and I'd lost most of the magic, predawn light. I did get one decent shot of the watchtower near the western entrance to the park.

And again I had company for breakfast.

1 comment:

KrissyGo! said...

"...smells like a steak and seats 35. CanyonerOOOOOO-whoa!"

Glad you had a good trip. I had fun as well.

I think my favorites are of the watchtower and sunrise at Joshua Tree.

BTW: I hope you will be updating this blog often! :D